Website Chosen Care, Inc.
We are not looking for job seekers. We want change makers! Come join us in reshaping the future of child welfare!
Who are we?
Chosen is a faith-based nonprofit that helps children heal from trauma due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment. We strengthen foster, kinship, adoptive and reunified family systems using a holistic, trauma-responsive approach. Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values-based work and spiritual growth of team members. Our team is fast-paced, professional, passionate, growth-oriented and innovative. We are committed to best business practices and tools for mission fulfillment.
Who are you?
You are a dedicated, hard worker who is passionate about putting families on a path of healing. You value work and family, the location independence of a remote position, and less commute stress. You want to work for an organization where your team values you. You don’t think outside the box, because you don’t believe in the concept of the box in the first place.
Director of Operations
We help children heal from trauma by strengthening their families.
Every child thriving in a family.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with kindness. Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
The Accounting Manager contributes to Chosen’s’ mission of serving children and families through maintaining financial records and building internal data operations capacity. This key team member is responsible for following strict financial procedures and confirming financial compliance through the preparation of Chosen’s financial reports and statements and providing data-driven insight to the organization’s leadership team. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a trusted advisor to leadership.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Prepares journal entries as needed.
- Reviews, tracks, and monitors financial expenditures for compliance with awards, state, and federal regulations.
- Tracks donor restricted funds, transfers, and records release from restrictions.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, and taxes.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments, donor contributions, awards/grants, and other transactions.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Verifies and records deposits.
- Reconciles cash accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Works with management and other departments to provide timely reviews and reports of the organization’s financial status and progress within its various programs and activities.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of all cash accounts.
- Conducts monthly and annual closings and prepares financial statements.
- Provides financial information for all request proposals submitted by Chosen to receive funding from award agency sources.
- Provides outside auditors with account information and documents as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a team, and remotely.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Understanding of state, federal, and nonprofit regulations.
- Strong analytical skills: capacity to work with large amounts of data, extract relevant information and draw logical conclusions.
- Creatively and professionally solve problems and evaluate initiatives.
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel
- Salesforce, Office 365, T-Sheets, Gusto, and Asana (desired)
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the social services, or non-profit.
- Familiarity with Salesforce (desired)
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Familiarity with Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) (desired)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 10 pounds at times.