National Development Director
Website Chosen Care, Inc.
Chosen History & Overview
Chosen was founded in 2009 and is a growing, vibrant faith-based nonprofit. We’re based in San Antonio, TX but serve 25 states with a hybrid-remote team. We help children heal and restore families who have been impacted by abuse and neglect.
In child welfare, hope is measured in action, not words. The Chosen model of care is unique in that most foster and adoptive care programs focus on intervention to “repair” the child’s behavior. Chosen comes alongside the family to provide individualized care and therapeutic support that includes the child but also equips the caregivers.
Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values-based work and spiritual growth of team members. We move at a fast pace and are professional, passionate, growth-oriented, and innovative. We are results-driven and highly committed to best business practices for mission fulfillment utilizing the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) from Gino Wickman’s book Traction.
National Development Director
Leadership, Strategic Plan, Donor Management, Fundraising, Grants
Our mission is to help children, youth, and families prevent and heal trauma from maltreatment through healthy relational connections.
Our vision is to see trauma-responsive care and relational connection as the standard in the child and family well-being system.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with kindness.
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
The National Development Director is an integral part of the leadership team and responsible for the strategic direction of philanthropic support for Chosen. This includes management of key donors, fundraising initiatives, grants, and events essential to the expansion of a national donor base.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to ensure major gifts, annual fund campaigns planned giving, endowment activities, and philanthropic support are based on the organization’s strategic goals, objectives, and future plans.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of a national development program to ensure fulfillment of funding goals, which includes building and maintaining a major gift portfolio: identifying, qualifying, soliciting, cultivating, and stewarding gifts from individuals and businesses within the United States.
- Builds infrastructure for future growth of national development and planned giving programs.
- Manages development team.
- Assists with the strategic planning and preparation of funding proposals, fundraising materials, and other presentations.
- Articulates the funding priorities for Chosen with individuals and during speaking engagements before larger audiences.
- Leads strategy development for the expansion of fundraising into new cities/states being served by Chosen.
- Develops donor communication tools for recognition, stewardship, and solicitation.
- Maintains personal and professional growth and development of professional affiliations to keep current with legal issues and the latest trends in fundraising.
- Plays a significant role in the communication strategies with donors and prospects.
- Develops an atmosphere conducive to giving that supports the funding priorities.
- Travel is required, up to 25% of the time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Highly motivated, organized, displays sound/mature judgment and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated critical thinker
- Efficient with time/resources available to meet program goals/initiatives
- Exceptional writer and communicator
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Hungry, humble, and smart – as defined by P. Lencioni in The Ideal Team Player
- Passionate about helping children and families heal from trauma
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Tenacious in follow up
- Desired familiarity with Asana, Office 365, and Salesforce
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, in a related field preferred
- 5 years of experience in nonprofit development, 3 years in a leadership role
- Proven effectiveness in leading, managing, and coaching staff
- Experience working with Salesforce or other donor databases
- Understand budget development and financial reporting
- CFRE preferred
- Experience in public speaking and program presentations
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times
- Quiet workspace and high-speed internet for video conferencing
Chosen Care, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.