Website Chosen Care, Inc.
Are you a dedicated professional who is passionate about putting families on a path of healing? If yes, and you are a gritty, growth-oriented therapist with a holistic mindset, then this role may be for you!
Every day we help children, youth and families prevent and heal trauma with a moonshot vision to see child welfare transformed to focus on well-being. Check out the impact we made in 2022: www.chosen.care/about/ impactreport/
Founded in 2009, Chosen has a special culture that encourages deep, core values-based work and spiritual growth of team members. As a national, faithbased nonprofit, we move at a fast pace and are professional, passionate, growth-oriented, and innovative. We are results-driven and highly committed to best business practices for mission fulfillment utilizing the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) from Gino Wickman’s book Traction.
Remote in San Antonio
We help children, youth, and families prevent and heal trauma from maltreatment through healthy relational connections.
Our vision is to see trauma-responsive care and relational connection as the standard in the child and family well-being system.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with kindness.
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
The Therapist delivers Chosen’s Model of Care to the family system with therapeutic interventions as needed. Working directly with children and their families, this position performs various modalities, including but not limited to EMDR, TBRI, and TF-CBT. This position works under the clinical supervision of the Clinical Director to ensure holistic healing and care.
- Process client therapy applications
- Enter and maintain client contact and demographic data in client management system
- Complete clinical assessments as needed
- Create actionable plan for the client family system
- Conduct trauma-informed therapy through telehealth or in person, as applicable
- Coordinate with interdisciplinary team to meet needs of the family
- Attends supervision with State Clinical Director
- Completes clinical documentation in a timely manner
- Provides crisis support/management as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
Skills and Character
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk or other work area
- Ability to type and verbally communicate with staff, clients, and other stakeholders
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Proactive, resourceful and a problem-solver
- Strong personal integrity
- Tenacious in follow up
- Firm grasp and complete embrace of ministry vision and mission
- Highly reliable & dependable
- Efficient with time/resources available to meet program goals/initiatives
- Extraordinary amount of compassion
- Heart of excellence to serve
- Willingness to walk alongside hurting families and help put them on a path of healing
Education and Experience
- Applicable LCSW, LPC, LMHC, LMFT credential with 2-4 years related experience and/or training
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention® Practitioner strongly preferred
- Trauma-Informed training or certification
- Solid working knowledge of current industry norms and challenges
- Technically competent with Microsoft Office suite
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Quiet workspace and high-speed internet and phone connection to support telehealth services and video conferencing
Chosen Care, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.