Board of Directors
Do you wish you could work with a Board that makes a difference? Would you like to work with a God-led team that is experiencing explosive growth? Would you welcome the opportunity to strategize with other leaders to transform an entire system? If you answered yes to these questions, and you are ready to make a lasting difference, then a seat on Chosen’s Board ofDirectors may be for you!
Every day we help children, youth and families prevent and heal trauma with a moonshot vision to see child welfare transformed to focus on well-being.Check out the impact we made in 2022: www.chosen.care/about/impactreport/
Founded in 2009, Chosen has a special culture that encourages deep, core values- based work and spiritual growth of team members. As a national, faith- based nonprofit, we have a unique science-based model of care which is producing best- in class results – permanency and healing for children. We are passionate, growth-oriented, and innovative. Our growth and the manner in which we are being called to adapt and meet changes within the child welfare space, is nothing short of amazing. We are looking for National Board members who have the capability to help us move this mission forward.
We help children, youth, and families prevent and heal trauma from maltreatment through healthy relational connections.
Our vision is to see trauma-responsive care and relational connection as the standard in the child and family well-being system.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with kindness.
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
The faith-based appointed Board Member will support the work of Chosen nationally and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Chosen’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities.
Lead, Govern, Oversee, and Serve
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Chosen staff, the board member will assist in the development and support the implementation of Chosen’s strategic plan
- Reviewing operational outcomes and metrics created by Chosen for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving Chosen’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out timely
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments with follow-through
- Representing Chosen to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Chosen’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Chosen serves
- Supporting mission development efforts to increase organizational revenue
Character and Qualifications
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Chosen’s mission and who has a proven track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications
- A commitment to and understanding of Chosen beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating positive relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Children impacted by the Child Welfare System.
- Service on Chosen’s Board of Directors is without remuneration.
Chosen Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for reappointment for three additional terms. Board meetings will be held quarterly, with two of those meetings being held in person, and committee meetings are held monthly and in coordination with full board meetings.
Board members will consider Chosen a philanthropic priority who can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals. Chosen expects to have 100 percent of board members make an annual contribution that commensurates with their financial capacity.
To apply, please reach out to our Co-Chair, Lorraine Martinez at email@example.com