Youth Directed Services Care Manager
Website Chosen Care, Inc.
Chosen Care, Inc. Overview
Founded in 2009, Chosen is a faith-based nonprofit that helps children heal from trauma due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. We do this with a holistic approach by strengthening their foster, kinship and adoptive families with trauma-informed resources. Chosen has a special culture that encourages and provides deep, core values based work and spiritual growth of team members. Our team is fast-paced, professional, passionate, growth-oriented and innovative. We are committed to best business practices and tools for mission fulfillment.
Remote in San Antonio, TX or Nashville, TN
We help children, youth, and families prevent and heal trauma from maltreatment through healthy relational connections.
Our vision is to see trauma-responsive care and relational connection as the standard in the child and family well-being system.
Our core values are rooted in faith and shape the way we go about fulfilling our mission, how we behave, and what we expect of each other.
Excellence – We operate with a growth mentality and go the extra mile.
Service – We work diligently & own the part we play with a commitment to do whatever it takes.
Compassion – We are active listeners and seek what is important to the speaker.
Integrity – We show up with authenticity, adhere to honest practices and use candor with kindness.
Stewardship – We use resources with multiplication in mind as one in charge of God’s resources.
The Youth Directed Services Care Manager is responsible for supporting Chosen’s mission to help youth heal from trauma by using our unique, trauma-informed Model of Care with youth who have been impacted by the child well-being system. This individual coordinates the overall plan of care for a client, from inquiry to completion, and works directly with youth and foster alumni while providing coaching, case management, and therapeutic resources. The position involves a multi-disciplinary approach and includes communication with multiple professionals involved with the youth. Youth and young adults served include high acuity youth in the child well-being system and foster alumni.
- Process client applications
- Enter and maintain client contact and demographic data in CMS
- Complete multiple assessments
- Obtain clear understanding of the youth’s history
- Create actionable plan for the youth or young adult
- Conduct trauma-informed life coaching virtually or in-person as appropriate
- Provide resources/professional referrals specific to needs of clients
- Track client/mentor interaction to ensure commitment is being fulfilled
- Complete administrative tasks needed by Program Manager
- Meet with collaborating agencies to share workshop/training possibilities
- Conduct trauma-informed training to child well-being professionals as requested
- Participate in creation of trauma-informed content and resources
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work with 2-4 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- License in social work or mental health strongly preferred
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention® Practitioner strongly preferred
- Solid working knowledge of current industry norms and challenges
- Demonstrated experience in client support and direct client communications
- Technically competent with Microsoft Office suite
- Proactive, resourceful and a problem-solver
- Strong personal integrity
- Tenacious in follow up
- Firm grasp and complete embrace of ministry vision and mission • Highly reliable & dependable
- Efficient with time/resources available to meet program goals/initiatives
- Extraordinary amount of compassion
- Heart of excellence to serve
- Willingness to walk alongside hurting families and help put them on a path of healing
Chosen Care, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.